As I continue to ponder the tagging incident at Mount Prospect Public Library, I wonder if libraries and the ALA should have a Social Media Policy.
There are many questions the policy would need to deal with.
- Why create such a policy?
- What is the purpose of Social Media within the library organization?
- Who should be covered by the policy?
- How does the policy impact employees? Patrons?
- When/how does the library implement such a policy?
There is a great post at Mashable on such a topic for businesses. I could easily be adopted for use in libraries.